Full list of CSS display property values with description
When coding site pages, there is often a need to change the display style of an element, for this styles correctly in CSS there is a display property. It allows you to turn an inline element into a block element and vice versa, which can be useful in different situations. In addition, a property can be used to remove an element from a page, or to give an element various other properties. Below is a complete list of display property values that can be used to control the display style of an element on a page.
At the beginning, it should be said that all values are grouped into several categories:
- global values - the group contains general values;
- display-outside - values from this group determine the external display type of the element;
- display-inside - values determine the internal display type of the element;
- display-listitem - values show the item as a list;
- display-internal - the group contains internal values that can be applied to elements;
- display-box - the group contains general values that can be applied to elements;
- display-legacy - values from this group contain several different values at once.
So, what values does the display property have ? They will be listed below by group. It is important to remember that currently you should specify a single value, although the latest specifications do allow for some values to be combined, this is not yet supported by all browsers. A complete list of possible values will be provided with descriptions for those values that are most in demand.
Group of global values :
The display-outside group has the following meanings:
The display-inside group has the following meanings:
The group display-listitem has the main value list-item , the rest of the values are possible combinations of other values:
The display-internal group has the following meanings:
The display-box group has the following meanings:
The display-legacy group has the following meanings:
There are also values that are included in two groups at once - display-outside and display-inside :
- IT / Misc 08.07.21 How to make a free translation for a website without an API, translate documents in Google Translate
- IT / Misc 06.07.21 How to make a subscription button on a website, a subscriber base and automatic mailing
- Food / Misc 06.07.21 How to quickly cook delicious fried pies with potatoes and onions
- IT / Misc 04.07.21 Caching - create, load and reset. Where to store the cache, methods and types of caching
- IT / Database 03.07.21 Custom NoSQL - storing data in files and not only in a database. Storing settings, small data and caching files