Why and why sites are hacked, who benefits from it
Currently, site hacking is quite common. This can happen at any time and no one is immune from this. A hack may not be detected immediately, and this can lead to even greater losses.
Why sites are hacked ? The reasons can be very different, for example, the following:
- your competitor ordered the hacking of the site to put your business out of action;
- hacking for profit - stealing and reselling various data, advertising, etc .;
- hacker's self-affirmation by hacking other people's sites, etc.
Why is the site hacked possible? As a rule, hacks occur due to improper maintenance of the site, vulnerabilities are not eliminated in time:
- latest not installed updates for the CMS, its modules and themes ;
- public system information , which makes it easier for an attacker to hack;
- light passwords set;
- no means of protection against guessing passwords in input fields are provided, and also forms are not protected from malicious data entered, etc.
Thus, if you do not monitor the security of the site , it can be easily hacked for various purposes.
- 09.07.22IT / Misc Convert office files DOC, DOCX, DOCM, RTF to DOCX, DOCM, DOC, RTF, PDF, HTML, XML, TXT formats without loss and markup changes
- 07.07.22IT / Safety How to protect PHP, JS, HTML, CSS source code - obfuscation, minification, compression and encryption
- 06.07.22IT / Safety Connection not secure, problem with Lets Encrypt - how to fix expired 09/30/2021 DST Root CA X3, remove it manually and install ISRG Root X1. Example on MS Windows 7
- 08.07.21IT / Misc How to make a free translation for a website without an API, translate documents in Google Translate
- 06.07.21IT / Misc How to make a subscription button on a website, a subscriber base and automatic mailing